Short answer (turn-key solutions):
Our partners over at BluMortgage will integrate a purpose built (for mortgage professionals) CRM with your Finmo account. It comes pre-set up with stages, automatically generated tasks, and more. It's an amazingly powerful and straight forward solution, and we highly recommend it. Hundreds of Finmo mortgage professionals are using (and loving) BluMortgage CRM, so you know you're in good hands.
Additionally, our partners at Nova Agency can help you integrate Finmo with your CRM of choice, if you want an entirely bespoke, hands-off solution.
You can also integrate Finmo with your CRM yourself, which brings us to the...
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software (such as Pipedrive, Zoho, Salesforce, Etc.) is essential for effective mortgage professionals. In fact, it's so essential, mortgage professionals are often surprised that Finmo has relatively little CRM functionality built-in.
Why is that?
Here at Finmo, we employ amazing product design specialists. Early in the process of envisioning Finmo, we looked deep into CRM functionality, and we essentially came to a number of significant conclusions.
- Readily available CRM software is already extremely good. No need to reinvent the wheel.
- Many mortgage professionals are already using their favourite CRMs and do not want to migrate all their data to yet another system.
- CRM preference is largely a matter of taste, and a one-size-fits-all-solution is unlikely to be optimal for anyone.
- The DMP (Digital Mortgage Platform) space is where we (Finmo) can make the most impact and create the most value in the Canadian mortgage market - for both mortgage professionals AND borrowers. Adding CRM functionality that is already accessible is not necessarily an effective use of development resources.
- We are focused on making software that does one thing (mortgage origination) really, really, well. We believe this is a better approach than creating software that does a lot of things "just okay".
- Finmo is designed around simplicity. Adding CRM functionality would greatly increase Finmo's learning curve and clutter up the user interface (it would be very "un-Finmo" to add extraneous functionality that doesn't benefit the vast majority of mortgage professionals! 🤷🏽♀️).
- Modern software is about interconnectivity. Software should no longer be designed to be an island. That is an outdated paradigm.
Okay, but I still need a CRM, so what's the solution?
We believe we have the strongest solution to CRM functionality of all the Canadian Digital Mortgage Platforms...
That solution is to allow interconnectivity to existing best-in-class CRM software, via an integration with Zapier. This allows virtually any CRM software to be used, in virtually any way. Better yet, not only can you connect Finmo to your favourite CRM software, you can connect Finmo directly to all of your favourite software - whether it's a CRM or not.
Modern software design focuses on flexibility and interconnectivity, and Finmo is built in that spirit - and ready for the future.
We understand that many in the mortgage professional industry are not technical experts - yet we still went with this solution because once you see how it works, the benefits are so numerous, and immediately obvious.
We highly recommend you book into our training course on CRMs and integrations. The webinar will demonstrate what Zapier is, does, and how to connect Finmo to your CRM and all your favourite apps. You can totally optimize every area of your business with these tools and save yourself tons of time - when you see it, you'll get it!
Additionally you can read our whitepaper on the Optimal Mortgage Professional Workflow, which discusses proper CRM use with Finmo, in great detail.